Saturday, December 13, 2008

Creating a blog to try to make myself write regularly

So, I have a lot of conversations with myself. I don't think I'm unique in that regard. Usually when I'm sitting around doing nothing (which is most of what I do), I'll start contemplating something, and for me, contemplating means asking myself questions, and creating an interlocutor in my head who questions me. Sometimes it gets so bad that I'll refer to myself in the 1st person plural. Anyway, this is only tangentially related to my main point. I feel I have a talent for writing. Furthermore, I feel writing is an occupation I would enjoy. However, I don't seem to have the temperament for it, so I want to try to force myself to write on a regular basis, and so I'm going to try to force myself to write down the conversations I have in my head. Hopefully the next time I have a conversation with myself, in my head, I'll tell myself, "Hey, Polak, stop doing this in your head and start writing it down," and then I will write it down here, repeat ad infinitum, and end up writing regularly. It probably won't work, because I have a hard time ever making myself do stuff. Even if it does work, it probably won't be interesting, but that's not the point. The point is habit first, and then (hopefully) the interesting will follow. I hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment