Friday, April 17, 2009

Brewers fans represent

So, I was at tonight's game, and I'm still trying to gather all of my thoughts about it (in particular, how I should feel about seeing Gary Sheffield's 500th HR in person, and how I should feel about seeing an exciting ballgame that my team loses). In an attempt to get something down, I'll start out with a quick note about how there was a surprisingly large number of Brewers fans at the game tonight. I saw the Brewers play the Mets at about the same time last year (on April 12th), and there were not nearly as many Brewers fans at that game as there were at this one.

There were Brewers fans in my section, actually, a few rows behind me, which was a new experience for me. It was pretty awesome, because in the top of the 6th, before Braun hit his home run, the Milwaukee fans in my section started arguing with some of the Mets fans over usual baseball stuff ("Wisconsin sucks!"), and then Braun hit his shot to give the Brewers the lead. That, of course, shut up the Mets fans, and I ran up to high five the other Brewers fans. That was the high point of the game for me.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing a 500th homerun is HUGE....even if it is Sheffield's.

    I presume the exchange was a tad more colorful than just "Wisconsin sucks"....

    ReplyDelete